Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Oh, Pandora, I found the NYT video link, finally!

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:43:01 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

> ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...

>> Pandora wrote:
>>> YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!! Now I see it. Thank you. Now I understand why it
>>> didn't work for me! The first dough was very hard, not liquid, as
>>> somebody
>>> said...
>>> Thank you. Now I will try again. I will study much more this video.
>>> Another
>>> thing: it seems to me that pots were not hot. Am I wrong?

>> Yeah, you're wrong. They're not just hot -- they're VERY hot. :-) Heat
>> them for at least 30 minutes in the oven before tossing in the dough.
>> It's the heat hitting the wet dough that creates the steam that makes
>> the crust so good.

>I have done this, the first time, and It was oK! My bread was only without
>big holes

Hmm. Mine always has big holes. Wonder if our flour is enough
different to make the difference?

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com