Wayne

Default Sous vide cooking

Nancy Young > wrote in news:40DEEFF6.91EB1472
@monmouth.com:

> serge wrote:
>>
>> Hi !
>> I bought a FoodSaver machine (VAC1050) used generally for vacuum
>> packaging.
>> I would like to know if it's possible to do "sous vide cooking" with
>> the FoodSaver bags.
>> Thanks for the information !

> As most of us are not chefs or speak French, perhaps you could
> explain. I don't feel like looking up the expression, myself.
>
> nancy

Basically, it means cooing food in a vacuum-sealed pouch or bag. Quite a
few chefs have done this, including things like foie gras, vegetables,
etc. Supposedly it concentrates flavors and maintains vitamin and
nutrient content.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.