Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Gin Fizz or Gin Sling

"gosyro.com" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Just curious which everyone prefers?
>
> Gin Fizz
> (http://www.coolcocktail.com/cocktail...RecipeName=Gin Fizz
> Cocktail)
> or
> Gin Sling
> (http://www.coolcocktail.com/cocktail...RecipeName=Gin Sling
> Cocktail)
>
> I'm more of a Fizz, until I get a few in me, then it goes to the Sling.

That recipe isn't for a *real* Gin Fizz...there's no egg white.
My husband likes the Gin fizz, (the real one) but I don't know that he's ever had the
Sling. I'll have to make him one tonight. What he really enjoys (and so do several
others I've made them for) is the Trader Vic's Rum Fizz. It's similar to the Gin
Fizz, made with light rum, lemon, egg (whole, not just white), a little bartender's
sugar (superfine), and cream soda...with some finely grated orange peel atop the
"fizz" part. Tastes a little like a creamsicle, I think.

kimberly