Posted to rec.food.preserving
Brian Mailman[_1_] Brian Mailman[_1_] is offline

Default Making Wine Vinegar

Goomba38 wrote:

> Do you think this would be an appropriate wine to give vinegar making a
> shot with?

Sure... any wine will make vinegar eventually. I'm not familiar with
bread as a mother though. What I'd do is get some from a brew shop if I
wasn't patient enough to simply wait a few weeks for it to develop.

It's my understanding that those who make wine vinegar do so on a
continuous basis--that is, they just draw off a pint or so of what they
need, boil and filter it, but they're constantly replenishing the
barrel/cask with leftovers from this and that.

B/