Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Flavoured olive oils......

LadyJane wrote:

> I was trying to achieve the same visual effect of some boutique oils -
> which nearly always contain chunks of various herbs & such like
> (rosemary, chilli & garlic to name just three)
>
> They have cleared a little more today, maybe I'll pass the oil through
> filter papers as you suggest.
>
> thanks for the tip

I read you loud and clear. Adding a sprig or two to the bottle
really makes for a nice visual effect. After much experience
though, I've found the only way to make 100% sure they come out
clear and stay that way is to filter them. Alas.

It's also one way to solve the botulism problem, which speaks
for itself.

--
Reg