Default Source of Colby Cheese around Sacramento, CA

DRB > wrote:
> As long as we're on milk/dairy products, I was wondering if any of you knew
> if any stores that carried Colby cheese (brick style or in the deli) in or
> around Sacramento. Between Sac and Vacaville, or Woodland preferably. I
> wouldn't mind going to the city itself. I need it for a casserole, for
> which cheddar does not work flavor wise as a substitute. I have been unable
> to find it in the town I'm in, despite looking at 4 grocery stores. It's a
> big frustrating, as I thought colby was a standard as far as cheese. Plenty
> of colby jack, but no plain colby.

Really? Are you sure your local supermarket doesn't stock Colby? Here in NJ,
I would be hard pressed to find a supermarket that didn't have Colby. If
you can't find it, just substitute mild cheddar in your recipe and it should
work out quite well.