Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Some real life numbers, and a question....

"Mary Fisher" > wrote in message t...

> "Andrew Price" > wrote in message

> >>As I've said, it happens when SOME (only a few) posters reply to mine.

> > Ahem ...
> >
> > Mary, the problem which Dick raised isn't lacking citation marks in
> > other posters' replies to yours.
> >
> > It's lacking citation marks in YOUR posts when you reply to (some)
> > others. Whatever the cause, the lacking citation marks fail to get
> > added at your end of the chain.

> I obviously haven't made myself clear. I'll do it one last time because it
> has nothing to do with sourdough.
>
> The chevrons are only missing on my posts when they go to certain other
> readers. They are in a minority but it happens always with those posts (and
> mails). It doesn't happen with the majority.

I see it now. OE needs the complete mess made by previous
requoting before it piles another > before each previous >.
I am culpable because I edit my replies to make them neat
and more readable. But I shan't be apologetic because God
loves neat people.

--
Dicky