Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dave Bell Dave Bell is offline

Default Some real life numbers, and a question....

Mary Fisher wrote:

> "Andrew Price" > wrote in message

>>>As I've said, it happens when SOME (only a few) posters reply to mine.

>>Ahem ...
>>
>>Mary, the problem which Dick raised isn't lacking citation marks in
>>other posters' replies to yours.
>>
>>It's lacking citation marks in YOUR posts when you reply to (some)
>>others. Whatever the cause, the lacking citation marks fail to get
>>added at your end of the chain.

> I obviously haven't made myself clear. I'll do it one last time because it
> has nothing to do with sourdough.
>
> The chevrons are only missing on my posts when they go to certain other
> readers. They are in a minority but it happens always with those posts (and
> mails). It doesn't happen with the majority.

Case in point: I read these (at home) with Mozilla Thunderbird mail &
news client. I see the indents as blue bars, 1, 2 and 3 deep, in this case.
When I Reply, they get converted to >, >>, >>>, and >>>>, adding one for
Mary's post.
It seems some clients are not rpoperly inserting them...

Dave