Robert Klute

Default Hidden Bottom Element Stove Questions

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:23:52 GMT, Hahabogus >
wrote:

>I was wondering if any one out there has one of these electric.hidden
>element stoves. I am wondering how (if at all) this effects cooking in
>them. Looks like it would be easier to clean. Thinking of ditching my pre-
>digital electric stove and moving into the present.

Do you mean oven? If so, I have a Creda that has a hidden lower
element. It works fine. I leave a large pizza stone on the bottom.

The manufacturer says you can bake without racks, but I do have to be
careful about putting dishes directly on the bottom. The bottom of the
dish can get overcooked/browned (even without the pizza stone). I have
taken to putting a cooling rack on the bottom when I need to, to get a
little air space. It still leaves me with plenty of extra room for
large items or extra shelf space.