Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Some real life numbers, and a question....

"Mary Fisher" > wrote in message
t...

> Some (scales) give time and date, that's OTT for me -
> but others might value it.

Well, it would be good to know which day it is,
particularly if it is trash day.

(OTT = on-time trash) ???

Did I mention how I use the scale? Well, I just
weigh the dough. Since I always use the same
amount of water, that tells me the flour weight
(and the "hydration"). I have made a chart for
that.

And, guess what(?): it is always pretty much
the same as it was last time, even though I use
volumetric measure (cans, you know).

> I have four scales, one in the kitchen, one in the
> workroom and another in each caravan.

Well, Mary, I may have mentioned that I have five
scales, including 3 beam balances. Counting those
for body weight, I have seven altogether. But, sadly,
no caravans. Some trucks, though. (Five if garden
carts and hand-trucks can be included.)

--
Dicky