Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Spica Spica is offline

Default Some real life numbers, and a question....

yetanotherBob wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>> My Mother taught me to sift, spoon, and level. Been baking for 40+ years
>> and haven't had any complaints from my cookies, pies, and other goodies.
>> Guess Mother knew best after all
>>

> Of course; ALL mothers know best. She got you started, but it's your
> own practical experience gained over those years that allows you to keep
> your "customers" happy.
>
> Bob

Yes, and she taught me very well

I use both scales and cups these days. The scale appeared in my kitchen
when I started to get serious about bread baking a few years ago. Though
I am able to please my "customers" using cups, I now prefer using a
scale; it's so much easier for me to weigh out the ingredients - esp.
when doing large holiday baking!

I also use my scale for mailing out all those holiday packages! It's so
much easier when the post office picks up my packages than having me
drive over there and wait in line (gives me more time to bake, too!)