Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Do people in this group add bread ingredients by volume or weight, and why?

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" > wrote in message
t...

> "Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> >Volumetrically here, mainly with cans:
> >
> > Large: 28 fl. oz. bean can (3-1/2 cups)
> > Medium: 16 fl. oz. bean can (2 cups)

> But you have to buy beans in cans to get that ...

No, not if you are resourceful.

For instance, here empty cans are clean and
neatly put out for recycling on two specific days
each month. So you do not even need to bother
sorting garbage.

Where I live they are put in bins with other recyclables. Non-recyclable
waste is in a separate bin. It varies from local authority to local
authority.

We (the Fishers) use very few cans and never beans.

Mary