Posted to alt.politics.nationalism.white,uk.politics.misc,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,uk.misc
Mel Rowing Mel Rowing is offline

Default Ethical shopping

Honest Aryan wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > Baloney. Bananas improve to a point. They are usually best an
> > even pale yellow. When they are dark yellow they are getting too
> > ripe and once they start to develop spots they have pretty well
> > had it. I seriously doubt that you would get a dozen bananas in
> > a bunch to last you a week if they were already spotted.

> Put them in the fridge. You get the best of both
> worlds.
> They quickly turn brown on the outside but
> stay nice and white on the inside.
> BANANAS, luvverly BANANAS.

Ugh!

Don't put any fresh fruit in the fridge. It will delay the ripening
process but the skin will wilt more quickly. How many fruiterers do you
know that chill their fruit?

Fruit is best kept (and displayed) in a fruit bowl.

Bananas are best hung until ripe. They can even be eaten if the skins
are black provided that no parts of the inside have gone brown which
indicates rancidness. THey are in addition a most versatile fruit and
can be cooked as well as eaten raw. Banana fritters are, I think, my
favourite dessert.