Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

On 18 Dec 2006 10:01:11 -0800, "Lin" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

<snip>

> (Our mom orders the biggest prime rib she can
>get from the butcher and pays for it. That works fine for us).

We traditionally have prime rib for Christmas and, as our gatherings
have gotten bigger and bigger with the addition of SOs and
grandchildren, I've learned to buy two roasts. I roast one medium and
the other medium rare, which seems to work well. I also found that
trying to roast one 7 rib roast wound up with too rare in the middle
and too done on the ends. It's also tough to lift out of the oven with
my heavy roaster! And saints be praised for turkey lifter forks - they
work great with roasts.

>Luckily, my man likes having me in the kitchen with him ;-) I love his
>big kitchen!

If I had my way, I'd have concertina wire around my kitchen and not
roll it up until I was finished preparing the meal and ready for all
hands to carry food to the tables!

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)