Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

Dave Smith wrote:

> A nice prime rib dinner shouldn't be too complicated.
> Personally, I prefer to be left alone in the kitchen and look
> after things myself. I get flustered if there are people in
> there expecting conversation while I am trying to get things
> done. I make sure that my wife has everything out of the kitchen
> that she needs and then I ban her from the room. I once went in
> to check the roast to see if it was time to start the potatoes
> and found that she had started the beans. So she is not allowed
> in there anymore when I am cooking.

I'm the same way about the kitchen -- but when we gather for Christmas
Eve we have twice as many kids and adults than Laurie's gatherings. My
sister and I take turns hosting the event (her turn this year, thank
goodness!) so the hostess takes care of the Prime Rib, I and others
bring sides and desserts. (Our mom orders the biggest prime rib she can
get from the butcher and pays for it. That works fine for us).

Luckily, my man likes having me in the kitchen with him ;-) I love his
big kitchen!

--Lin (looking forward to my first Christmas dinner with him)