Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger Bob Terwilliger is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

Farce wrote:

> You can listen to me and make your Au Jus taste good

Bob Pastorio said to use the grease in the drippings to make Yorkshire
pudding, and to use the degreased drippings to make jus. I find no fault
with that whatsoever.

I think the two of you are actually in agreement over how to cook the jus,
but you apparently glossed over the fact that the ongoing discussion wasn't
about making jus; it was about using the grease from the pan drippings to
make Yorkshire pudding. Here's how the conversation went:

Leo wrote: "I have tried Yorkshire with pan drippings and with straight
Canola oil"
SF replied: "don't use the juice part of your drippings, use the fat."

They're not talking about making jus there; they're talking about making
Yorkshire pudding. Then you spout off about how they're ruining the jus --
disregarding the fact that NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT MAKING JUS.

rant which was entirely misplaced.

Exactly where do you disagree with what Bob Pastorio wrote? Do you think
removing the grease from the pan drippings is a bad idea? Do you think that
it's a mistake to use the grease from the pan drippings to make Yorkshire
pudding? Do you think that the degreased pan drippings are an essential part
of Yorkshire pudding? Do you think that the jus SHOULD contain the grease?

(BTW, it's just "jus," not "au jus." The term "au jus" means "with juice."
You might frequently see "au jus" used incorrectly on menus written by
ignorant people, but that widespread ignorance doesn't make the usage
correct. "Prime Rib Au Jus" is correct. "Prime Rib With Au Jus" is not.)

Bob Pastorio is one of the more respected posters in this forum, with years
and years of knowledgeable and accurate posts to his credit. You, on the
other hand, are a clueless ****ing newbie whose posts border on trollhood.
You'd do well to read more carefully before you post, lest you make a fool
of yourself.

Bob