Frogleg

Default Stocking the spice cabinet..

On 10 Oct 2003 02:05:54 -0700, (Carnivore269)
wrote:

>Frogleg > wrote

>> >I'm gonna have deer in my freezer if they come near my herb garden.
>> ><G>

>> I like venison, but best check regs for hunting in your area.

>I'm in the city limits and it's illegal to fire a firearm in my yard.
>
>I do have a crossbow however. ;-)

To combat the suburban "deer problem" here, licenses have been made
available to shoot them on one's own property. Last I heard, none had
been applied for or granted. There *have* been some permits granted
to hunt with a bow, with considerable fuss about how careful the
hunters will be in suburban/semi-rural, but quite populated areas.
Another solution proposed a few years ago (by the State's wildlife
agency, forsooth!) was importing wolves.

>> >Chickens like Oregano by the way. <G> They get all the weeds too.

>> Send me a chicken. :-)

>They make good garbage disposals and composters! :-)

I saw plans a few years ago for a chicken-coop on wheels that could be
moved around as an organic fertilizer dispenser. Made a lot of sense
to me.