Melba's Jammin'

Default Packaging homemade candy??

In article >, Margaret Suran >
wrote:

> Stephanie wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I will be making some homemade candy as a housewarming gift for
> > Thanksgiving and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a
> > pretty way to package the candy and to keep it fresh? For instance,
> > should I use a metal tin box with some tissue paper inside or is there
> > a better way to package the candy in a nice, presentable way?
> >
> > Stephanie

> You can find paper candy cups in kitchen supply and party supply
> stores.

What kind of candy? Individual pieces? A block of fudge? Individually
wrapped? A friend lines a tin with waxed paper and
lays/piles/stacks/smashes her ace peanut brittle in it. I used to make
several kinds of candies and would put them in paper pleated candy cups
(Maid of Scandinavia/Sweet Celebrations/Wilton) and box them. Pretty
spiffy looking if I do say. I bought the boxes from the Maid, too.
(They're a local company.) Taffy wrappers are available for wrapping
caramels -- dump those into a tin. The candy boxes come in a variety of
sizes.
--
-Barb
State Fair prizewinning jams and jellies for sale at the Burnsville