Posted to rec.food.baking
Richard Hollenbeck Richard Hollenbeck is offline

Default Batter vs. Dough At what point does a batter become a dough or does a dough become a batter?

I have a dough formula that I want to convert into a batter. By using the
"Baker's Percentage," my water is about 78% of the weight of the flour.
That's a pretty wet and sticky dough already. At what point does it become
a batter? 100% water? Is there any consensus? One of my baking classmates
told me that if it can be poured, it's a batter. That doesn't sound very
scientific. Ideas?

Thanks.

Rich Hollenbeck
Moreno Valley, CA USA