Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell Leonard Blaisdell is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

In article <2cZfh.4179$Et5.723@trndny07>,
"laurie" > wrote:

> my recipes for both the yorkshire pudding and the au jus sauce indicate that
> I need all of the pan drippings for each one. So to do both, what do you
> do? Divide the drippings? Add beef broth?

I seldom have enough drippings that I want to sacrifice for the
Yorkshire. I have tried Yorkshire with pan drippings and with straight
Canola oil. Perhaps I don't taste very well, but I can't tell the
difference. I'd use the Canola in the bottom of the Yorkshire pan and
the drippings for the au jus. I generally make gravy.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>