Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gareth[_1_] Gareth[_1_] is offline

Default Roast Chicken - does free range taste any better

Dave Smith wrote:
> Gareth wrote:
>> Does a free range corn fed chicken actually taste any better than a
>> cheap chicken when roasted, or is it purely a matter of animal welfare?
>>
>> From my limited experience, I can't really tell the difference, but I
>> would be interested in what other people think.

> My neighbours used to have free range chickens. We bought eggs
> form them and they gave us a few chickens. The eggs were great,
> and the yolks were so bright that omelettes and scrambled eggs
> made with them were orange.

My parents used to keep chickens and I know what you mean about the
colour of the eggs. We never ate any of the chickens though, they were
more like pets.

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris