Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking
Pandora Pandora is offline

Default My first no knead bread attempt

"Bob (this one)" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> "Ravenlynne" > ha scritto
>>> I put the pot in the oven when I turned it on...lid and all. I let it
>>> heat for the entire 30 minutes. The guy in the video said the pot
>>> should be "blazing" hot.

>> Thanks very much. I want to do it. I don't have such a round pot, but I
>> have a long pot with lid made of ceramic. I use it sometimes to make
>> chicken.
>> It is like the one you can see in this link. Do you think it could work?
>> http://images.google.it/images?hl=it...rca +immagini
>> cheers and thank you again

> This will work. I have a ceramic terra cotta Romertopf pot but have not
> used it for this bread. For this recipe, the pot needs to be very hot
> before the bread goes inside. I would be concerned that the pot wouldn't
> do very well with cold dough dropped into it. I would be afraid it might
> crack. Maybe if you wet it...
>
> Pastorio

Ohhhh! Bob! But dough is not so cold ! It is at room temperature, it doesn't
come out from fridge.
I hope it doesn't break and if it happens I will jump from the window for
desperation DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
But I Am courageous and I will try. I will start perhaps this evening, or
tomorrow. I will let you know.

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora