Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking
barry barry is offline

Default My first no knead bread attempt

"James L. Davidson" > wrote in message
> Has anyone actually Pyrex to bake this with this high heat. (450 degrees)
> It seems that the wet dough would crack the Pyrex.
> I used a 2qt Crueset and it seems too small.

I found a site on the web that stated that the company that makes Pyrex has
changed the formulation. The old stuff was pretty safe when you put cold
into a hot Pyrex dish, but the new stuff is supposedly dangerous and may
shatter. I don't know any more about this, and I don't use Pyrex for bread
baking, but if you do, you should check it out.

Barry