Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

Jan sent:

> Mushroom Casserole

It looks incredibly rich! I think it's something I would love to try.

What is the consistency like after it's baked? How many does it serve?

We do Prme Rib on Christmas Eve. My sister and I take turns hosting for
the family. It's her turn this year, which means I will either be doing
baked potatoes with all the trimmings or some sort of au gratin or
scalloped potato dish.

I am also quite partial to mashed rutabagas with the au jus from the
rare roast ladled over them. I'll probably volunteer to make those as
well.

A very early flight on Christmas Day will find me on the left coast
with "He Who Has Stolen My Heart" .... His menu for that day is
exquisite. We have a little baking do to as well. I am really looking
forward to this!

--Lin (feeling like a kid at Christmas this year!)