Nexis

Default Holiday treats

"PatyD" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm throwing a holdiay party. Does anyone know a good recipe for a
> nice bite-size dessert or cookie?

FRENCH CHRISTMAS COOKIES
40 graham cracker singles (2 packs)
2 - 6oz pkgs mini chocolate chips
2 cups finely chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened to room temp
1 cup 1/2&1/2 (or use 1/2 cup each milk and cream)
*frosting* (see below)
1. Put the grahams in a plastic bag (about half at a time), squeeze the air
out and seal. Roll over with a rolling pin until the grahams are crushed.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add crumbs and mix
4. Add cream, nuts and chips and mix
5. Fill baking mini-cups 2/3 full
6. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375* for 10-12 minutes...just until set--do
NOT overbake.
Frosting:
Melt 1 pkg each chocolate and butterscotch chips with 1-2 Tbsp peanut
butter (actually, I sometimes use more...like 1/4 cup! lol). Use to *frost*
cookies

kimberly