Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default Smoothies

> I've developed a taste for smoothies and thought I'd start a thread in
> the hopes that others might suggest their favorite concoctions.

Not as interesting as yours, but simpler: blenderise a sliced ripe
banana along with 250ml (or 1 cup, or 1/2 pint, or some other similar
volume) of soya milk. Very simple, very very tasty.

This possibly doesn't count as a smoothie, but here's a drink I
invented at a friend's house a few months ago: make simple syrup by
heating equal volumes of sugar and water until the sugar dissolves.
Puree the syrup with some raisins. Push through a sieve, mix with
dark rum, and serve over ice. I think it would work better if the
raisins were soaked first, and pushing through the sieve was replaced
by straining through muslin, but I've not tested this yet.

Kake