Neil Williams

Default Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker fans out there?

"ChefJeff" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi all,
>
> After a lifetime of making great rice and having found it easy to
> make, I stumbled across "The Ultimate Rice Cooker" cookbook. The
> recipes and meals that can be made in these machines sound so tasty,
> that I bought the book before the rice cooker! I've just ordered a
> version of neuro fuzzy logic rice cooker, with the added feature of
> cooking by induction. I'm curious to know if anyone out there has had
> success or special recipes using this interesting appliance.

I have the Zoji fuzzy logic rice cooker and it works quite well,
although if you add too much water you get liquid coming out
the steam spout, which can gunk up.

What's funny is that my parents refuse to believe that you can
leave the rice in there to keep warm for a day or two. They
always immediately unplug it after cooking when they're visiting.
Then sometimes they forget to put the rice in the fridge and we
have to throw it away. We've been going through this with
them for over 10 years now. Just a couple weeks ago my
mother was making fun of me for believing that the rice would
stay fresh and mold-free in the cooker when left in the warming
mode.

--Neil