Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook[_1_] Paul M. Cook[_1_] is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

"laurie" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> >

> > I always serve roasted red potatoes that I've cooked with a little
> > rosemary and garlic and sea salt. Just a touch of seasonings here. For
> > veggies, I serve either boiled (lightly) Brussels sprouts or roasted
> > Brussels sprouts. Roasted sweet onion and carrots is divine as well.

And
> > of course, freshly made Yorkshire puddings.
> >
> > The whole roasted theme matches beautifully and is very traditional.

It's
> > always a huge hit, everyone loves it year after year.
> >
> > Be sure to make a gravy from he fond from the beef roaster pan. You
> > won't get much but a little goes a long way. I use a cabernet

sauvignon
> > wine to deglasse the pan then mount butter and beef juices. Cook till

it
> > coats the back of a spoon.
> >
> > Paul

> I did consider red roasted as they are one of my faves and of course go
> great with the roast- haven't crossed it off my list yet. I was trying to
> choose something my kids like and neither of them like roasted potatoes.

Well to heck with them, then. Send them to bed without dinner. Put coal in
their stockings! If kids were allowed to dictate dinner plans we'd all live
on mac anc cheese and corn dogs. The time is now to enjoy grown up food,
not when they are off in college.

Paul