Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default Spanikopita

Made the spanikopita from _Vegan with a Vengeance_ (1) today, and it
was good, but probably not doing it again. It wasn't so delicious that
it was worth the work. Still, not bad, and it could be an impressive
potluck dish.

I preferred the salad -- tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion slices
marinated for a few hours in a vinegar/sugar/salt solution.

Tomorrow, tamale pie (taco-seasoned TVP, onions, black olives, corn,
fresh roasted pasilla, covered in a polenta-ish crust -- no recipe).

Serene

(1) http://www.powells.com/partner/29192/biblio/1569243581
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com