Greg Zywicki

Default Ice Cream Question???

(Alex Rast) wrote in message >...
my next attempt?

> I recommend simply *eating* it instead because Lindt's 85% is the best 85%
> chocolate on the market and one of the very best chocolates for eating
> straight you can find. As for using it in ice cream, it may not be as ideal
> as you would like because of a high cocoa butter content. This creates
> difficulties with texture - the chocolate doesn't emulsify completely
> and/or the result is excessively dense and greasy.

What is your opinion on eggless Ice Creams? I can see the blender
technique I mentioned being a problem with a custard base (although
I'm not exactly sure why it would be.)

Glad to see that my use of chocolate chips is indicated by more than
just frugallity.

Greg Zywicki

Although I used the Ghi. Semisweet. Not as good, but you can get a
great big bag at cost plus.

I need to try milk and white chocolates too. I expect the white to
give a nice texture without changing the flavor. The milk is
indicated for "french silk" types.