Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Thinking about a smoker

DougW wrote:

> Reg wrote:
>
>>The insulated electric oven smokers have a downside
>>here. They tend to have lower total airflow, which equates
>>to a higher humidity in the chamber. When smoking sausage,
>>which I do a lot of, I solve this by leaving the door open
>>for part of the cook.

> Didn't think of that. Then again I smoke mainly ribs.

With the Cookshack (and many similar units in this
class such as SmokinTex) this problem is complicated
by the fact that the airflow is also 100% fixed. No
adjustable vents. Not a showstopper of a problem but
prospective buyers should be aware of this.

> I'll add one more thing. If you have arthritis or are
> "getting older" latching and unlatching the cookshack can be
> difficult. I'd probably weld a larger handle to it.

We're moving beyond "Lazy-q" into "Ultra-lazy-q" here,
I think

--
Reg