Siobhan Perricone

Default Mirro matic pressure cooker question

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:12:12 -0400, (Anne Duhon) wrote:

>I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket and safety
>fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these parts til now. Hardware
>store tells me the part numbers are no longer available but can sell me
>a substitute. Have any of you run into this problem? If so, will they
>perform as well as the originals?
>
>I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but the quality of
>those made today just isnt there. Anne

You might want to consider buying a new pressure cooker. Older cookers
simply don't have the same quality of safety features you find in newer
ones. Many of them also use less water and are much quieter.

I recently bought a Kuhn Rikon 5 quart and I'm very pleased with how much
better it is than the one I bought just seven years ago.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."