Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking,rec.food.sourdough
TG[_2_] TG[_2_] is offline

Default Peter Reinhart On No-Knead Bread

atty wrote:
....>
> indeed the no-knead method seems to fit very well with the setup at
> ancient egyptian bakeries discovered around the pyramids - and famously
> recreated by Ed Wood
>
> http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/AR/93-94/93-94_Giza.html
>
> laters
> andy forbes

Except there's paintings and statues of Egyptians kneading bread.

Let's not get too hasty. After all, it really doesn't matter how long
it's been going on. I'm sure anyone that had an interruption or phone
call in the middle of kneading would realise, as I did, that you really
don't need to knead so much if you just take a good break in the
middle. : -)
The first good book that I got said to take a couple of breaks in the
20 minute knead that it suggested, well, me being young and fit, at the
time, didn't think I needed a break. I didn't realise the break wasn't
for me. lol.

Jim