JNJ

Default Stove Top Grill - gas versus electric stovetop

> Yes, griddle on one side and reverse side has grill grids for grilling
meats
> and veggies. Not sure how they would ruin stove top. I think gas top

stoves
> probably are the best suited for this type of cooking.

Really none are better for them IMHO. The griddle spans two burners and
when it heats up, that heat is carried to a part of the stovetop that's
really not designed to withstand those kinds of temperatures. A similar
example -- ever take an oversized soup pot and put it on a burner where it
hung out beyond the burner bay? See what happened to the stovetop? In our
case, the surface was virtually destroyed -- the coating burned, flaked,
chipped and melted. I'll not make THAT mistake again.

The cooking shows on TV are typically using a professional stove -- they
don't really HAVE a stovetop, they're all burner and burner grates. Not
'xactly the same as what's in most homes. <Grin>

James