Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default And another ... and help needed please

Mary Fisher wrote:

> Thanks. We don't have that. I suppose I could mix my own but I think I'll
> try using bread flour.

I expect that will work fine. The procedure does not seem to be at all
picky about type of flour.

> Not that the NYT recipe is any easier than my usual method if I think about
> it!

Different, not necessarily easier.

To me, the advantages are less time actually working with the dough, and
an excellent result with better crust than I've been able to achieve
using other methods. The disadvantage is the need to plan ahead and to
be available at specific times that are many hours in the future.
Although the initial rise time seems to also not be at all picky.