Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_1_] alsandorz@gmail.com[_1_] is offline

Default Stainless Steel cleaning ball English/Chenese translation

Dave Smith a écrit :

> My sister in law recently bought one of those little stainless
> steel wire balls for cleaning pots and pains and kettles etc.
> She sent me the card that it came on because the Chinese English
> translation. She got it at the Dollar Store, and it was worth a
> buck for the entertainment factor alone. I will have to hit
> "ignore" a few times when the spell checker goes through this.

The French version must be even funnier. Some years back, a colleague
bought an oil lamp. The translation into French must have been done by
a unilingual Japanese employee using Babelfish. After we had stopped
laughing, we reported the translation to Consumer Standards as it was
in fact unintelligible and could result in serious accidents. The
company, from the US, was obliged to have the instructions translated
by a professional.

I still have a photocopy of that in my papers...