Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Joel[_1_] Joel[_1_] is offline

Default Celebration & Refrigeration

Douglas W Hoyt > wrote:

>Vinyl LP's have that industrial, resinous character that can develop a
>slight mustiness with cellaring, but which also maintain their robust,
>analogue resonance over time. Particularly if the cuts have more treble
>notes, they can survive extended lagering, while some of the the bass
>components can start to muddy. If you unsleeve them anytime soon, be sure
>to decant onto a vintage turntable, but do use a new stylus to bring out
>some of the excitingly funky elements of the more rarified grooves.

Sweet!

I admit to having both vinyl *and* a small collection
of vintage beers. (The ~9 years of SN Bigfoot is getting
sampled away when the new batch comes out-- I've determined
I don't like how it ages, so will no longer save any.)
--
Joel Plutchak

"Things just fall apart." - Now They'll Sleep (Belly)