Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
dave kelley dave kelley is offline

Default Celebration & Refrigeration

In article >,
ers (Joel) wrote:

> dave kelley > wrote:
> >Thanks for the report. I have a few years' worth in the fridge, but only
> >one bottle from each year, so I'm having to work myself up to do a
> >vertical. I think I'll try the '02, and if it's held up, I'll wait 'til
> >next year to try the '03, and so on.

> I'm still surprised at the number of people who cellar
> an approximately 6%abv beer. It doesn't make a lot of
> sense to me-- especially for a beer that is a celebration
> of fresh hoppiness.

I do it out of curiosity. I want to see how it changes over time. If I
open that '02 and it sucks, I'll have the green light to kill the rest
of the reserves.

I'll also cop to having a bit of a hoarder/collector mentality about
things I really love. (Sadly, money doesn't fall into that category.) I
used to have a few thousand comic books, and I still have a couple
thousand vinyl LPs, even though I haven't had a turntable in years.

dave
in austin