Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
LT LT is offline

Default Celebration & Refrigeration

> > Broadened probably. But I've got a 2005 (kept in the fridge all year)

open
> > next to a 2006 and the difference is pretty substantial. I loved the

2005,
> > and it is still beautiful. It starts out clean and bright with a silky
> > mouthfeel and then comes a wave of light sweetness & autumn leafy hop
> > complexity, and then comes the hard concentrated hop finish that lasts

and
> > lasts. The 2006 has a burst of pleasant hops at the start leading into

> > long lingering hop finish, but it is far thinner on the palate--there is

> > whole mid-range fullness/richness missing, and the overall hop impact,
> > despite the nice long finish, doesn't seem as big.

> Thanks for the report. I have a few years' worth in the fridge, but only
> one bottle from each year, so I'm having to work myself up to do a
> vertical. I think I'll try the '02, and if it's held up, I'll wait 'til
> next year to try the '03, and so on.
>
> dave
> in austin

You are a man with great will power. It would be hard for me to see this
every time I opened the frig, and not be tempted... I've got a sixer of the
SNCA 2006 that I will save and serve to the men-folk sometime after
Thanksgiving dinner, and that's about the extent of my staying powers.

Has anyone seen or heard about Anchor's offering this year?

Larry T