Posted to rec.food.cooking
VegA VegA is offline

Default Can you WOK on an electric coil stovetop?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:49:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"VegA" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:16:01 -0600, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>>><lol>
>>>
>>>Mom used to cook with a regular wok on an electric burner all the time...
>>>We had to quit tho' when we got the glass top.
>>>
>>>One of her last Christmas gifts was an electric wok that she'd requested.
>>>She never did get to use it. :-(

>> Electric woks should be banned.
>>
>> Wok cooking is high consistant heat.
>>
>> Your stove, electric or gas, can NOT get as hot as a chinese stove.
>> Sure you can still use your wok on either. I have and still doo.
>> Chinese resturants have 10 inch gas pipes just for their wok stoves.

>10 inch pipes? Do you mean burners?

Special ansel system and everything. Built in faucet system and
everything.

No. I mean pipes.

Fire departments hate them. Some places you can't go over 4 in. pipes.
So they cheat and have the burner jets opened up.