Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Can you WOK on an electric coil stovetop?

In article >, "Mr. G D Geen" >
wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > Do I need a flat bottomed wok or what? How hot does a wok need to get to do
> > stir-frying?
> >
> > Andy

> Someone else mentioned having a glass top stove here. Any of you have
> any experience with a wok/ring on a glass top stove. I was thinking of
> getting my parents a wok but I am not really fond of the "electric" wok
> if you know what I mean. If they work fine on the glass top surface I
> would like to get them for Christmas this year. -G

The manual that comes with my stove does not recommend it...

That is why we bought the electric one.

I could not bear to use it. I gave it away.

I stir fry in a CI skillet and that works fine. Who needs a wok?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.