Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Can you WOK on an electric coil stovetop?

Andy wrote:
> Do I need a flat bottomed wok or what? How hot does a wok need to get to do
> stir-frying?

Woks are designed for open flam ckkoing, regardless round of flat
bottom. Flat bottom woks have only a small flat area, not really much
contact there for electric stove stir frying. You'll be far better off
using a heavy saute pan, a cast iron chicken fryer will be perfect
too... Lodge makes a 3qt and a 5qt... only you can decide which size is
right for you. I have a gas stove but I still prefer an ordinary pan
rather than a wok... this is my stir fry pan:
http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?i...&manufacid=171

Sheldon