Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Can you WOK on an electric coil stovetop?

JoeSpareBedroom said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>> jay said...

>>> I don't like flat bottoms period! Guangdong
>>>
>>> Get a traditionally shaped one and put it directly on the burner.
>>> The ring can help to stabilize it but you don't really need it.
>>> Turn on the burner with wok in place.. and go smoke one.. then come
>>> back in and cook.

>> I LIKE this guy for some reason!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andy

> The only problem with a round bottom and no ring/collar is that the
> thing's going to be a bit unstable, sort of like you, Andy. Then,
> you'll be posting messages here, asking if you should go to the
> hospital for 3rd degree burns.
>
> Use the ring.

Joe,

Funny you should mention it, heh heh heh. Tore my finger open earlier
this year and squirted a gob of super glue in there and closed it up.
Good as new in minutes.

I 3rd degree burned my foot with bacon grease. Toothpaste!!!

Andy