Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Can you WOK on an electric coil stovetop?

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> > jay said...

> >> I don't like flat bottoms period! Guangdong
> >>
> >> Get a traditionally shaped one and put it directly on the burner. The
> >> ring can help to stabilize it but you don't really need it. Turn on
> >> the burner with wok in place.. and go smoke one.. then come back in
> >> and cook.

> > I LIKE this guy for some reason!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andy

> The only problem with a round bottom and no ring/collar is that the thing's
> going to be a bit unstable, sort of like you, Andy. Then, you'll be posting
> messages here, asking if you should go to the hospital for 3rd degree burns.
>
> Use the ring.

<lol>

Mom used to cook with a regular wok on an electric burner all the time...
We had to quit tho' when we got the glass top.

One of her last Christmas gifts was an electric wok that she'd requested.
She never did get to use it. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.