Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Jack Tyler Jack Tyler is offline

Default Tamales

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> When I stayed in Merida and Cancun, I remember eating Huevos Motulenos
> and I had something called Huevos Albaniles in Acapulco.
>
> When I ate in tourist hotels in Cancun, I remember cursing at the
> inability of the Mexicans to make a crispy slice of toast. Their
> version of "toast" is something called "pan dorado" which is still
> moist inside, and doesn't dunk in egg yolk very well.

Week before last, I was at the Ritz-Carlton in Cancun. Breakfast
buffet with a bottle of water to take back to the room is $45.00 (most
good hotels don't supply free bottled water anymore, as their water is
filtered. I still drink bottled water, though.). You can imagine what
dinner costs there.

Huevos Motulenos is (are) my favorite breakfast dish in Mexico. The
dish has become popular across the country, instead of just the area
around Motul.

Jack