Posted to alt.food.wine
jIM jIM is offline

Default FINGER LAKES WINE TASTING

AyTee wrote:
> jIM wrote:
> > > going to cayuga wine trails- which wineries on other lakes are good
> > > ones? Want to try some we haven't been to before.

> > pleasently surprised... hit 16 wineries in 2 days. Of the 16, 10 were
> > new (to my wife and I). Highly recomend Americana on Cayuga and Hunt
> > Club on Keuka. In addition to the Knapp, Lucas and Castle Gritsch
> > vineyards we hit every year. Also impressed with Swedish hill.

> Glad you had a good trip. Please tell us about the wines.
>
> Andy

I tend to like semi-dry wines. Generally tend to prefer whites over
reds when I taste them, so I am always looking for a good red.

I tasted several late harvest wines. Most were good. November Harvest
from Americana was "sweet" enough for my wife and dry enough for me,
and was a red wine. I was surprised my wife liked it, actually.

Vignoles from Lucas, Knapp and Hunt also were quite good.