Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg is offline

Default FINGER LAKES WINE TASTING

Vinifera from the Finger Lakes specially riesling & chardonnay are much
better than the hyped up Lung Island wines. LH Ravat & vidal are good
dessert wines & the pinot noir is encouraging. In the meantime LI is making
out of balance cab franc & overoaked chard & sauvignon blanc as the swells
who summer in the Hamptons pay outrageous sums for winemakers, land & grapes
to compete with Napa scenemakers. La di dah.
oups.com...