Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Sam's Club Pies?

Michael wrote:

> Sounds like you have the pie making under control.

I fear you give me FAR too much credit. The fact that I have a PLAN to make
those pies in no way guarantees that they'll turn out well.

> What is the vinegar pie like? I have never heard of it, at least I don't
> think I have. Sounds intriguing.

I've never made one before either, but the filling sounds pretty easy. I got
the recipe off this newsgroup, I believe:

Title: VINEGAR PIE
Categories: Pies
Yield: 6 servings

1 c Sugar 2 tb Unbleached Flour
1 c Cold Water 5 tb Vinegar
2 1/2 tb Butter 4 Lg Eggs, Beaten

Combine sugar & flour. Add rest of ingredients & place in saucepan. Cook
until thick & pour into prepared pie crust. Bake in 375 oven until crust
is
brown.

Since I don't know how it's SUPPOSED to look and taste, I guess I can go
ahead and call it a success regardless of how it turns out! :-)

Bob