Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus Nonnymus is offline

Default McRIB

Buddy wrote:
> Just remember the hot dog. What doesn't go into them goes into the McRib
> where it can be completely disguised with one of those special sauces
> McArches is famous for. Back away from the Arches, have a little
> self-respect. Think about it - what doesn't go into a hot dog? ;-) --
> Buddy

Ya' know, it's always good to poke a little fun at hot dogs, bologna and
processed foods like the McNuggets and McRib. I do, just like everybody
else.

In my old job, one of our owners was a fellow who grew up in a family
that owned a meat processing company. His Dad had started it, and his
brother ran it until it was purchased by a holding company. . . and then
the brother ran the holding company for a while. Over meals and drinks,
I got to know our owner and his family pretty darned well. We'd even
share jokes about the processed meat. I also knew several of the folks
who ran the local plant of the manufacturer, including one fellow in
quality control.

Truth be known, the food that came out of the plant was honest, clean,
and as well done as everyone could make it. The owner and his family
had grown up on, "Dad's meats," and the kids and grandkids did as well.
The inspector I knew would ONLY buy his company's product, since he
knew what went into it and the standards his company had. I'm not
saying that all processed foods share these standards, but the one
experience I had convinced me of at least one company's standards.

--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,