Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kevin S. Wilson Kevin S. Wilson is offline

Default McRIB

On 10 Nov 2006 16:49:35 GMT, Jeff Edwards
> wrote:

>Gotta agree there - a meat-like substance molded into a boneless
>rib-shaped thing. Yum. That seems to be the business model they go with,
>though - you can also get the meat-like substance molded into a nugget
>shape and fried, an egg-like substance cooked in a mold and on a bun or
>several other molded items of your choice.

I see neither a meat-like substance nor an egg-like substance.

Egg McMuffin®:
English Muffin, Egg, Pasteurized Process American Cheese, Canadian
Style Bacon, Liquid Margarine.

Chicken McNuggets® Made with White Meat:
Boneless chicken breast, water, modified cornstarch, salt, chicken
flavor (yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (animal
source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium
phosphates, seasoning (natural extractives of rosemary, canola and/or
soybean oil, mono-and diglycerides, and soy lecithin). Battered and
Breaded with: Water, enriched bleached wheat flour (flour, niacin,
reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow
corn flour, bleached wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt,
leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum
phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat
starch, whey, corn starch. Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in
partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, (may contain partially
hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or
partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or
sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat, milk and soybean
ingredients.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...s.in dex.html